Building a disciplined fitness routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to stay inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s admit it, the act of exercising itself is not always pleasant. We do it mainly for the results and future health benefits, but it can be difficult to get through the stress and pain of the actual exercises.
That’s why most people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, normally by listening to music.
Music not only affords a diversion but also yields the determination and stimulation required to maximize effort. You may not feel like going to the gym today, but put on your best music and all of a sudden you’re energized and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be beneficial for those with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aid models, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning state of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or online courses, developing both your mental and physical health simultaneously.
Have an exercise partner instead?
The latest hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, focus on and boost speech while curbing background noise, making it easier to carry a discussion with your partner in an active gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are vital gym equipment, but you might be wary of potential damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant against dirt and moisture to some extent, there are a number of accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Think about investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, protecting them from sweat and grime.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become accidentally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – keeping an extra pair on hand assures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little planning, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more info about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!